Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Natarajar

Posted by Sivasubramaniam

I was in 11th standard. One of my friend had asked for a painting of ‘Natarajar’ (dancing form of Lord Shiva) to hang in his home. I found a wonderful picture of Natarajar in an old magazine dated 1979. Even my friend liked it and I started drawing it in an A4 sheet. But later my friend told me that he wanted in the size of full chart. Then I started painting in a big chart. I never really thought that I should finish it within this time, nor my friend gave me any deadlines. I was keeping on painting and I was in 12th standard. You know how it will be in 12th standard- public exam, hostel life and for guys who studied in my school it would have been still worse. So, I was never able to touch my painting in those days. Then I got in to college in Chennai. Same hostel life, away from home continued. But I wouldn't say that I was busy and kept studying in college too. Actually I left all my studying habit in school itself. But still I can’t bring the painting to my college and paint because I needed a peaceful place to paint, you know how hostel rooms are. So I used to draw whenever I go home for holidays. In the meanwhile my friend renovated his home but still I was painting and painting. Whenever I used to see him the first question he kept asking was "have u completed the painting?". Years rolled even my painting rolled but it was not complete. So gradually my friend stopped asking me about the painting, and one day he told finish it whenever u can and I will not ask after this. Until 3rd year same thing continued. I got placed in the end of 7th semester and our final semester started. I don’t know about other college but our final semester was awesome and once in a life time it was. We used to go classes only twice or thrice in a week and we had so much time to spend. So finally I brought my painting to my hostel and started to paint in hostel itself. It was nearly the end of the semester I had finished it I really couldn’t believe I had finished it. I started during 11th standard and finally after 4 years it’s done. I took it to my home, beautifully framed and showed my father. He liked it very much so that when I told I am gonna present it to my friend, he said, he want it to hang in our home only. I was in a critical state; I didn’t know what to do then. I painted it for my friend and he has to say rite, so I asked my friend is it ok if I give a photocopy of the same he said ok. Now it’s beautifully hanging in my home and a framed photo copy is with my friend.



with little photoshop effect for glowing



0 comments: